Arete Incident Response is leading cyber-incident response and security provider. Our mission is to help our clients to reduce the burden of preparing for, detecting, and responding to cyber-incidents, while also deploying preventative measures before and post-incident. At Arete, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the top minds in the cyber industry. You will also know that you are contributing to the health and safety of organizations -- not only major corporations, but also critical services such as hospitals and local government.
Our culture is focused on personal growth, excellence in everything we do, and a commitment to giving back to our communities. We are an elite team of cyber superheroes that strives to make a positive impact on the world every day. We seek top talent to join our team and contribute together for our, and your, success.
As a Data Breach Discovery Project Manager you will work with multidisciplinary teams across divisions to plan and deliver projects on time and within budget. This position requires a strong eDiscovery and project management background, solid understanding of eDiscovery methodologies, excellent client management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and legal teams.
Successful candidates must be action-oriented, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective workflow/solution-based approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of all assigned projects.
Key responsibilities include:
The Data Breach Discovery Project Manager is a mid-level position and is responsible for coordinating technical and management aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery and document review.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle, applying in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on technology and best practices.
- Develops project plans including schedule, scope and budget for all aspects of Data Breach Discovery or eDiscovery, including data collection, processing, search strategies, document review protocols, and breach notification deliverables.
- Creates project documentation including processing specifications, keyword filtering protocols, document review manuals, breach notification templates and quality control procedures.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison for electronic discovery and document review between all stakeholders to ensure proper communication between the parties.
- Creates and maintains financial reporting for eDiscovery and document review projects including creation of cost estimates, tracking actual cost to budget, and invoice review.
- Creates statistical and project schedule reports providing information on collection, filtering, processing, review, and productions.
- Coordinates efforts of others in response to discovery requests and provides regular reports and metrics as to the status of each phase of the project.
- Tracks all assigned ongoing projects through internal tracking protocol, proactively updating clients of project progress.
- Responsible for quality control and the quality of all deliverables.
- Stays abreast of emerging electronic discovery litigation support technology and processes.
- Facilitate standing meetings between key project stakeholders.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
- Assist Upper Management in other client service tasks as needed.
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to service all client Data Breach Discovery needs
- Develop, modify and implement workflows, essentials resources needed to progress work through the system, and tools being utilized
- Initiate work on behalf of clients by crafting and submitting work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
- Participate in project management tasks including kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
- The ideal candidate will have 5 (five) years eDiscovery/litigation support experience with a focus on client solutions for document review
- Hands on Relativity, Nuix or similar document processing and review technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both eDiscovery technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Experience and familiarity with eDiscovery Services covering all realms of the EDRM (File to Trial)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- No travel required
BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
When you join Arete…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses, and things connect with each other. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Arete is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Arete, where experience matters.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.