Arete Incident Response, a leading incident response and cyber security provider, partners with clients to reduce the burden of preparing for, detecting, and responding to cyber-incidents. At Arete you will work alongside and learn from some of the top minds in the cyber industry. With a culture that cultivates growth, excellence, and a commitment to our community, Arete works to create an environment where team members thrive. Arete is made up of an elite team of superheroes that strive to make a positive impact on the world every day. We are always seeking top talent to join our tribe and if you think you have what it takes please apply!
Arete Incident Response is seeking a Cyber Intelligence Analyst for its Threat Fusion Center to focus on cybercrime activity. The successful candidate will be a self-starting and motivated analyst that will help build Arete’s cyber threat intelligence service. This position will be primarily focused on analysing threats and tracking known adversaries and emerging threats. The role will support analysis automation efforts and help improve ingestion of threat data to support DFIR engagements and MDR clients. The analyst will contribute to the research and publication of threat insights, internal work products, as well as intelligence products to be used by Arete’s customers and stakeholders. The work may occasionally include afterhours intelligence support during major engagements. A successful analyst will thrive on learning new tactics, techniques, and procedures and how threat groups apply them during cybercrime operations.
Job Role – Python Developer:
As an experienced full-stack Python developer, you will take a lead role in designing and developing Python based projects ranging from headless, framework-less automation projects to database-backed web applications built on Python based frameworks like Django or Flask, and in transforming the former into the latter. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying Python based applications in Linux as well as in Windows environments. Some of the applications that you will be responsible for will be mission-critical, 24x7 non-stop automation applications.
Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with the Product Managers as well as liaising with the business operations team, IR&F leads, architects and developers and key project stakeholders as required.
This role offers challenges across a wide variety of projects and responsibilities, including the opportunity to influence the future direction of the systems used across the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, enhance and maintain new Python based applications
- Transform (redesign, restructure, refactor), test, enhance and maintain existing production Python applications
- Manage the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release
- Identify and drive the Dev and DevOps process improvements
- Own the project delivery and contribute to creating a high performing Development practice
- Contribute to evolving the architecture and design of the solutions
- Ensure code quality, coding standards and adherence to design principles and solution architecture across the projects
- Provide regular, effective progress updates to and work closely with the key project stakeholders to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions, and processes
- Line management and personal development of a team of skilled developers
- Ensure 100%-unit test coverage for all the components that you develop
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Self-motivated professional with strong fundamentals in all aspects including technology and project execution
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks across projects of varying complexities
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player
- Deep hands-on experience in designing, developing, and testing Python based applications
- Hands-on experience building database-backed web applications using Python based frameworks like Django or Flask
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and experience developing Python applications that are deployed in Linux environments
- Experience building client-side and server-side API-level integrations in Python
- Experience in containerization and container orchestration systems like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL document stores like the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience in test automation and TDD
- Experience testing interactive applications with unit testing frameworks for the various technology stacks
- Experience in using and managing Git based version control systems – Azure DevOps, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience in using project management tools like Jira, Azure DevOps etc.
- Expertise in Cloud based development and deployment using cloud providers like AWS or Azure
- Experience in the usage of UML, producing various design artefacts during the different stages of the projects
- Experience in the latest technology trends like serverless architecture, microservices architecture
- Experience in working in and administering a CI\CD setup with high levels of automation across the lifecycle – experience in tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, will be desirable
- Experience in building applications that are OWASP compliant
- Exposure to SharePoint Online and Office365 development environments
- Exposure to PowerShell scripting
- Experience in code reviews and code quality management
- Proven ability to learn new technologies with great pace
- Desirable to have 8+ years of real development experience.
- Desirable experience of contributions to open source projects or coding competitions
- Desirable to have DFIR and cyber security domain related experience and certifications
When you join Arete…
You will be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses, and things connect with each other. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we are about more than that. Arete is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures, or numbers, find your future at Arete, where experience matters.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.