Associate Systems Engineer
Arete Incident Response is leading cyber-incident response and security provider. Our mission is to help our clients to reduce the burden of preparing for, detecting, and responding to cyber-incidents, while also deploying preventative measures before and post-incident. At Arete, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the top minds in the cyber industry. You will also know that you are contributing to the health and safety of organizations -- not only major corporations, but also critical services such as hospitals and local government.
Our culture is focused on personal growth, excellence in everything we do, and a commitment to giving back to our communities. We are an elite team of cyber superheroes that strives to make a positive impact on the world every day. We seek top talent to join our team and contribute together for our, and your, success.
- As an Associate Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of Lab and Services platforms and their day-to-day maintenance. Our team will handle networking, storage, systems and interact with our users so a well-rounded skillset is highly valued.
- We are building an international team so the ability to communicate well is a necessity.
- This position will also coordinate with the Corporate IT and Service Desk teams as a point of escalation when needed and/or as projects overlap.
- Perform daily and routine monitoring and maintenance of services/lab infrastructure
- Follow and team procedures to maintain and manage services/lab systems and platforms
- Successfully implement deadline driven projects
- Maintain end-user and administrator documentation of infrastructure
- Engage in regular career and job responsibility relevant training
- Identify and implement systems and practices aligned with current information security best practices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices and developments related to IT systems
- Occasional weekend and after-hours responsibilities as necessary
- A Bachelors/technical degree and/or 2+ years of experience with a proven track record working in IT operations and administrating IT systems
- Technical competencies in the following areas: Virtualization (VMWare ESXi), Windows and Windows Server, Active Directory, and related toolsets (GPO, etc)
- Familiarity with datacenter-class hardware (storage arrays, servers, etc) and its maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent understanding of current computer systems, security, and infrastructure
- Excellent priority management and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal organization and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Technical Certifications a plus